Table of Contents
Recommended Cooking Utensils to Use with Stainless Steel Cookware
You can invest quite a bit of money to purchase a nice set of cookware for your home kitchen.
It is quite a process to finally decide on the perfect set for you. You have to do your research on the most suitable type and set of pots and pans for your style of cooking. You have to search for the different types of warranties on offer. And finally you have to go out and hunt for the best price of your kitchen set.
It is understandable that after all this time and effort will want to ensure you treat them with the proper care and love that it deserves.
This is especially so since different types of cookware require a different set of care instructions.
In this article we are going to look at a specific type of cookware – stainless steel. In particular, the types of utensils you should be using to ensure it’s longevity and pristine shine, so you can enjoy the use of them for years to come.
We will also be looking at a few different sets of utensils we would recommend using with your stainless steel pots and pans, and the various good and not-so-good aspects to each recommendation.
Top 3 Cooking Utensils to Use with Stainless Steel Cookware
|Top||Home Hero Stainless Steel Kitchen Cooking Utensils - 25 Piece Kitchen Utensil Set - Nonstick Kitchen Utensils Cookware Set with Spatula Set - Kitchen Gadgets Kitchen Tool Set Cooking Utensils Set||Learn more|
|Docgrit Kitchen Utensil Set- 38 PCs Cooking Utensils with Oven Mitts, Grater,Tongs, Spoon Spatula &Turner Made of Heat Resistant Food Grade Silicone and Wooden Handle||Learn more|
|U-Taste Silicone Spatula Set with 600 Degrees Fahrenheit Heat Resistant (Teal/Aqua Sky)||Learn more|
Home Hero Stainless Steel Kitchen Utensils
In this value packed set of stainless steel utensils, you receive 25 pieces to cover pretty much all your cooking needs.
Each piece is wonderfully crafted from 430 grade stainless steel which provides durability and longevity.
The utensils in this set also look stylish with a ergonomic rubber grip and handy hanging hook holes so you can display your utensils on your kitchen rails for that cottage home look.
Cleaning is a breeze with the Home Hero utensils which are dishwasher safe so you can conveniently place them on a rinse cycle once you are finished cooking.
- value packed with 25 pieces stainless steel utensils
- durable and sturdy 430 grade stainless steel
- dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- some customers have complained about the can opener and its lack of usability
- 25 stainless steel cooking utensils - Kitchen tool set includes everything you need to cook that perfect dish
- High quality that lasts - These kitchen gadgets are made to stand the test of time. Top of the range 430 stainless steel provide greater durability than other kitchen utensil sets
- The right tool for any task – apart from high-quality cooking utensils like skimmer, spoons, turners and spatula, you additionally receive a broad range of useful kitchen gadgets such as a bottle opener, grater, pizza cutter and potato peeler
- Dishwasher safe - These kitchen tools are dishwasher safe, top rack recommended, and non-stick making them super easy to clean
- Customer service - Please, if you have any questions or issues regarding the Home Hero kitchen utensils set please do not hesitate to send the seller a message through Amazon we will respond within 24 hours.
DocGrit Kitchen Silicone Utensil Set
The next utensil set we recommend to use with stainless steel cookware is the silicone based utensil set by DocGrit.
This set is another one that provides great value – especially for the beginner home cook that is only just beginning to set up their kitchen. With 38 pieces in this set, it comes complete with measuring cups and spoons, a grater and even it’s own hanging hooks set.
You will be hard pressed to find a better set that provides more value!
As we mentioned in the buyer’s guide, silicone is one of our preferred materials when it comes to non-toxic cooking. And the DocGrit does not disappoint – they use a food grade silicone that is BPA free and can be heated to high temperatures without warping or releasing toxic chemicals.
These stylish utensils also have an ergonomic wooden handle to prevent heat conducting through the handle and reducing burns.
- extra value with 38 pieces included in this utensil set
- food grade silicone utensils for safe non-toxic cooking
- wooden handles for reduced likelihood of burns
- with the wooden handle, we would not recommend placing utensils in the dishwasher
- 【Complete Professional Kitchen Utensil Set】-38PCs All-in-one Kitchen Utensil Set which includes Whisk, Spoon spatula, Pasta server, Soup ladle, Serving spoon, Food turner, Slotted turner, Slotted spoon, Spatula, Basting brush, Tongs, Grater, 6+5 Measuring spoons and cups, 2 Silicone oven mitts, 12 Hooks, Holder. All about this cooking utensils can meet your different needs for cooking.
- 【Food Grade Silicone & BPA Free】-The cooking utensils are made of food grade silicone and BPA free. Food Grade Silicone can be safely used for cooking any type of food and It wont melt and cause pollution even at high temperatures. The Docgrit Kitchen Utensil Set is best choice for you to cook for your family.
- 【The Wooden Handle & Soft Silicone Head】-The wooden ergonomic handle protects you from being scald and allows you to enjoy cooking for long time without feeling tired. The material of soft silicone can protect your cookware and the non-stick heads makes it easy to clean up.
- 【Heat Resistant & Excellent Durability】-The silicone heads can withstand high temperatures ranging from -40℉/-40℃ to 446℉/230℃, Non-BPA, No bad plastic smell. The utensils have sturdy joints, hard to breakage, bending or fall off even after long use.
- 【Efficient Cooking & Organized Kitchen】-The shape of the head of the kitchenware is perfect, which can efficiently handle the food in cooking. Each of these utensils has a tail hole which can be used with 12 hooks hanging in the kitchen and the kitchen utensil set also has a holder to hold utensils. These designs can make kitchen cooking more organized.
U-Taste Silicone Spatula Set
Did we mention we like silicone? So surprise surprise our last and final recommendation for the best cooking utensils for stainless steel is also silicone based. However with one unique difference to the previous set – the entire utensil is made out of silicone.
This feature is particularly useful as it overcomes the short-comings of the previous set because these particular utensils ARE dishwasher friendly.
We are a big fan of the U-Taste silicone utensils as they provide the strength and durability that you would find in harder materials like nylon or stainless steel. But it also accomodates a degree of flexibility to get into those hard to reach crevices in the pans.
The silicone in U-Taste utensils can be heated up to 600 degrees fahrenheit without releasing any toxins and is of course food grade quality.
- dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- fantastic to look at with their uniform colors of your choosing
- high food grade quality silicone
- only comes with 4 utensils
Buyers Guide to the Best Cooking Utensils for Stainless Steel Cookware
In this section we are going to look at particular features of the best cooking utensils to use with stainless steel cookware. These are features you will want to consider before making your next purchase so you can make the most informed choice.
What Type of Utensil Material is Best for Stainless Steel
The first material we are going to take a look at is stainless steel utensils. It may sound strange to use stainless steel utensils on stainless steel pots and pans, however it can work. There are just a few things to consider when using this combination.
First and foremost, you will not want to be too heavy handed when using the stainless steel utensils, as you can appreciate they are tough and can potentially scrape your pots and pans. In addition to the scratches, some people are not a fan of the noise it produces when two metals are scraped against each other.
Other than those few drawbacks, stainless steel utensils have many benefits. They are strong, sturdy and won’t warp under prolonged exposure to heat. Stainless steel utensils are probably one of the most versatile utensils you can have in your kitchen tool kit. It is also worth mentioning you will not need to worry about any toxins and chemicals leaking into your food.
Another favorite material for utensils is wood or bamboo. These are particularly handy when you are making sauces like bolognese or a gravy. Wooden utensils are definitely a good option when combined with stainless steel pots and pans. They will not scratch the surface and do not make a cringeworthy sound when scraping along the bottom of the pan.
You can also be more heavy handed with a wooden utensil, which is helpful when you want to scrape off cooked on food on the pan (after all this is where all the flavor is!).
Unfortunately due to the nature of wooden or bamboo utensils, they won’t last as long as other materials. And not many are dishwasher safe, as the prolonged heat and water will cause it to splinter.
Is a hardened plastic-like material that is like a happy medium between stainless steel and wooden utensils. It is hard and sturdy, therefore very versatile and can be used for many different purposes. However it is not so hard that it will scratch your stainless steel pans or make a piercing noise when scraped along the pot.
Unlike their bamboo comparisons, nylon utensils are dishwasher safe, although not as easily cleaned as stainless steel. Like we said earlier – a happy medium.
The final material we will consider is silicone based utensils. We are particular fans of silicone, only because it provides a non-toxic option for utensils (unlike plastic). It has all the advantages like being able to mold to the surface of a pan to be able to get every last drop of that delicious sauce. And is quite sturdy to be able to do stir-frys and other mixing of chunky ingredients. They are actually very handy at flipping and cooking eggs.
The only aspect of cooking where you may not be able to use a silicone utensil is to turn over large cuts of meat. However, we’d recommend using tongs for such an occasion.
There are plenty of options available for utensils to use in your home kitchen. However if you are going to look after your stainless steel cookwares, you will want to follow some of the tips that we have provided in this buyers guide to the best cooking utensils for stainless steel cookware.
We recommend a sturdy and durable material such as stainless steel or silicone based utensils for the extra care and protection that it provides for your cookware.
We have provided some great options of utensil sets that offer value and quality. Whichever you choose, you’ll be happy with the results and the longer lasting lifespan of your stainless steel cookware.