Table of Contents
Best Knife for Clean and Easy Cutting of Chicken Bones – Reviews and Buyers Guide
If you’re the kind of person who likes to cook or entertain guests, you should own a knife for cutting chicken bones.
We’re not talking about cutting through the bones like butter. That’s what a cleaver is for – and we have reviewed the best knives for chopping bones here. We’re talking about cutting the bones in half so that you can then cut the chicken meat off the bone.
At some stage of your career as a home cook you are going to come across a moment where you have to cut through bone. And there are a lot of knives that are designed specifically for cutting chicken bones.
So which one is the best? We looked at the best selling chicken bone knives and reviewed them all to find out which one is the best for you.
We have also put together a quick buying guide for those that want to make an informed choice for the best knife for cutting chichen bones.
Top 3 Knives for Easily Cutting through Chicken Bones
|Top||Zelite Infinity Chef Knife 8 Inch, Damascus Japanese AUS-10 Super Stainless Steel Blade Lasts a Lifetime, Sharpest Professional Chefs Knife For Cooking, Gyuto Made for Home Cook or Restaurant Kitchen||Learn more|
|Victorinox Fibrox Pro Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP, 8 Inch, Black||Learn more|
|DALSTRONG Chef Knife - 8" - Gladiator Series - Forged ThyssenKrupp High Carbon German Steel - Full Tang - Dalstrong Blue ABS Handle - w/Sheath||Learn more|
Victorinox Fibrox Chefs Knife
In our opinion the Victorinox is one of the best knives for cutting through chicken bone.
The stainless steel 8 inch blade makes cutting through the tough chicken bones, a simple task that takes little to no effort.
The Victorinox is actually a chef’s knife which means it is fit for many purposes and is a very versatile knife.
The handle is designed with comfort and ergonomics in minds. The material of the handle is thermoplastic elastomer and has a non-slip grip for extra safety. We are also glad to say, Victorinox has weighted and balanced the knife perfectly for easy handling.
- ergonomic and non-slip handle for easy use
- stainless steel 8 inch blade that can be used for multiple purposes
- dishwasher safe, however we recommended for hand washing to prolong life of the knife
- no 100% plastic free for those that prefer no plastic in their utensils
- For home chefs & professionals. This Fibro Pro chefs knife has been the top choice of both home chefs and professionals alike. Expertly crafted with a tapered stainless steel edge that cuts with ease and efficiency.
- Fit for all tasks. Designed to handle kitchen tasks both big and small, This durable knifes razor sharp and laser-tested blade effortlessly chops, minces, slices and dices. An essential for every kitchen.
- Easy handling. Each knife features an ergonomic handle made from thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) for a non-slip grip - even when wet. This exceptional knife is weighted and balanced for easy handling.
- Knife Dimensions. Blade made out of stainless steel material - 7. 9 inches in length. Made with dishwasher safe materials for an easy clean.
- Trusted Swiss quality. Expertly crafted in Switzerland in 1884, Victorinox provides a lifetime against defects in material and workmanship. Making a Lifetime commitment has never been so easy.
- Included Components: Fibrox Pro 8-Inch ChefS Knife, Ffp
Zelite Infinity Chef Knife
The Zelite Infinity Chef Knife is a great option for cutting through chicken bones.
This well weighted knife will make light work of chicken bones, with it’s 67 layer high carbon Japanese Stainless Steel hand crafted blade.
The knife actually looks like a piece of artwork with it’s marbled stainless steel blade and classic black handle.
Let’s talk about the handle. It is made out of a military grade G10 material that is rounded for comfort and ergonomics. It is also designed to accomodate all hand sizes, from large to small, and weighted perfectly so as to not place any unnecessary pressure on the wrist.
You will notice the difference in quality with this chefs knife and will not be disappointed.
- ergonomic and non-slip handle for easy use
- 67 layer high carbon steel blade that can be used for multiple purposes
- comes with a risk free 100% money back guarantee
- due to the elegance of the knife, we recommend hand washing only
- SEASONED CHEFS AND HOME COOKS WILL NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE IMMEDIATELY – The well weighted chef’s knife with rounded handles requires minimal effort whether you’re chopping, slicing, dicing or mincing. Grip the ergonomically designed handles comfortably with large or small hands and minimize wrist tension. The finest kitchens in Japan consider a proper gyoto knife the ultimate multi-functional tool for beginner and pro cooks to strive.
- OUR COMPETITORS WILL ADMIT WE ARE NOT THE SAME - Beware of cheaper santoku and Chef’s knifes that look similar but the difference will show within weeks. Our military grade G10 handle and real 67 layer high carbon Japanese AUS-10 stainless steel is handcrafted by the most experienced knife specialists in the world. This full tang, double bevel knife was finished using the traditional 3-step Honbazuke Method and is considered the gold standard in our industry
- HAND SHARPENED AND READY WHEN IT ARRIVES - Search ‘sharp’ in our reviews and notice the hundreds of people surprised at how sharp their knives arrived. Other brands simply cannot deliver the same 12 degree blade edge that makes slicing meat, chicken, steak, and sushi / sashimi feel like slicing butter.
- AN UNBOXING EXPERIENCE YOU WILL REMEMBER FOREVER - Those that need a dependable gift to impress the cooks and chefs in their lives have chosen Zelite for years. The included gift ready storage case beautifully showcases our world class damascus blade upon opening. Eyes will light up for the blade’s stunning Japanese tsunami rose pattern.
- RISK FREE 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - LIFETIME WARRANTY against manufacturing defects when purchased directly from Zelite Infinity. We are confident that beginners, culinary students, home cooks, and even accomplished fine dining chefs will be completely satisfied with the extraordinary craftsmanship of our knives. Zelite knives were made to last for generations.
Dalstrong Chef Knife – Gladiator Series
Another great option for a knife that will easily cut through chicken bone is the Dalstrong Chef’s Knife.
This particular knife is part of the Gladiator Series is recognized for it’s reliability and integrity in the blade materials and design.
With a blade that is made from high carbon steel with cutting edge technology and a polished cutting edge, you will hardly notice the fact that you are cutting through bone.
With a sleek and color coded handle design (for those in commercial kitchens), this knife is easy and comfortable to use. The handle is made from ABS polymer premium food grade materials for life-long durability. It also has an ergonomic design as part of the safety features when using the knife.
In addition, Dalstrong are standing behind their products with a 100% saitisfaction or your money back guarantee so you can buy with confidence.
- ergonomic, color coded handle design for easy identification and minimizing cross contamination
- technology designed high carbon steel blade
- comes with a risk free 100% money back guarantee
- not dishwasher safe
- Outstanding craftsmanship, cutting-edge technology, stunning design elements, and premium materials. Peak performance has never looked so good at this price.
- Incredibly razor sharp, full-tang, imported high-carbon German steel with a hand polished edge at 14-16 degrees per side. Precisely tempered and stain resistant.
- Award Winning Design: Premium food-grade ABS polymer coloured handle life-long durability. Carefully hand polished, the ergonomic handle shape is engineered for superior hand control, agility and comfort. Hand-polished blade spine for smooth handling.
- Engineered to perfection at 56+ Rockwell hardness and hand polished to a satin finish. Carefully tapered for improved hardness, flexibility, and minimal slicing resistance. Tall blade height provides useful knuckle clearance.
- See why thousands of professional chefs and home cooks love and trust the DALSTRONG DIFFERENCE. 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, try it risk free, we know youll love
Features to Consider for Choosing the Best Knife for Cutting Chicken Bones
There are a few key features that you should always look at when you go to buy your next knife. First and foremost you should look at the material that the knife is made out of. You should also consider the design of the blade and handle. And finally, if it’s possible you should feel how heavy the knife is and how it sits in your grip. Let’s take a closer look at these features.
Construction and Material of Knife
One of the key factors that you should look at when buying any knife is what is it made out of.
Ideally the knife should be formed from a single piece of metal to provide strength and integrity.
Generally speaking, the ideal materials for the best knives are stainless steel or carbon steel. This is due to their strength, longevity and anti-corrosive properties. Of course there are exceptions, and other metals can be crafted into superior knives by expert steelsmiths. But you will be safe by choosing one of the two materials we mentioned above.
Weight of Knife
The weight of a knife is an extremely important consideration when you look at purchasing a knife. We should possibly correct ourselves, and point out we are actually referring to the balance of a knife. A good knife will have perfect balance between the blade and the handle. This is to ensure that when using the knife, it is easy, comfortable and has an ergonomic cutting motion.
The last feature that you should consider is the handle of the knife. The handle of a knife will determine how easy it is to use, how comfortable you feel cutting through chicken bones, and more importantly how safe your knife is.
A good knife handle will feel comfortable in the palm of your hand. It should also have some non-slip features, such as dimples or rubber grips, to ensure it doesn’t slip out and cause injury when pressure is applied to cut through the bones.
Finding the perfect knife for cutting chicken bones isn’t easy. There are so many options on the market it is easy to find yourself overwhelmed and confused.
To help you find your way through all the knives, we have compiled a buyer’s guide that will identify the key features to consider when you are looking for your next knife.
If you are looking for a quick an easy solution, you won’t go wrong with the three recommendations we have identified above.
Let us know how you went with purchasing your next knife for cutting chicken bones in the comments below.