Table of Contents
Discover the Best Oven Safe Frying
What is the best oven safe frying pan?
When you ask this question, you’re asking about two things: (1) What is the best frying pan to use on the stove top, and (2) What is the best frying pan to use in the oven.
Both are important questions!
If you’re looking for an oven-safe and stove-top safe frying pan, your best option is typically one made of copper, cast iron, or stainless steel. These materials are able to withstand high temperatures and won’t chip or peel.
If you’re looking for a stove-top-safe frying pan, then a nonstick pan is your best option.
Finding the Best Frying Pans That are Oven Proof – Buyers Guide
In this section we are going to look at the features of a pan that make it a contender for the best pans to use in ovens. Our goal is to step you through the features that you should consider when you are looking at your next frying pan purchase and make an informed decision based on your personal requirements.
The material that a frying pan is made out of is one of the key components that will determine if your frying pan is oven safe or not. It is one of the first things you should seek to learn about any frying pans you are considering purchasing.
The reason for this is that there are certain materials (or metals) that produce better cooking results in the oven than others.
Generally speaking, one of the most oven-friendly materials for a pan to be made out of is cast-iron. Cast iron is a superb conductor and retainer of heat. This results in a perfectly cooked meal that has been evenly cooked throughout. The only problem with is that it is extremely heavy – which can make getting it in and out of the oven a bit tricky (especially with boiling hot food in the pan).
Another popular material for oven-friendly frying pans is stainless steel. It conducts heat very efficiently and is very heat resilient. Stainless steel also cleans up nicely and are generally dishwasher safe.
If you are going to go for a stainless steel frying pan, be aware of the handle. If it is made out of stainless steel as well (this is quite common), then it can lead to burns. Stainless steel looks very unassuming, and it is very easy to forget that it has just come out of a boiling hot oven and easily grab and burn yourself.
We touched on this feature in the last section – handles are important!
The ideal handle for an oven-proof frying pan is one that cools quickly when it has left the oven. Or the handle can be made out of a heat-resistant material.
Alternatively, you could opt for a frying pan that has detachable handles. This is ideal when you have a small oven that struggles to accommodate long trays and pans.
Heat Resistant Coating
Some pans offer heat-resistant coating on the handles and pan itself. These can look very appealing as it can reduce the likelihood of burns – especially on the handles.
The trade off with this is that it will also insulate the heat and your cooking ability will not be as efficient as a pan without heat-resistant coating.
Our Favorite 3 Best Frying Pan that Can Go In The Oven
|Top||Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet - Utopia Kitchen (12.5 Inch)||Learn more|
|Sensarte Nonstick Frying Pan Skillet, Swiss Granite Coating Omelette Pan, Healthy Stone Cookware Chef's Pan, PFOA Free (9.5 Inch )||Learn more|
|Gotham Steel Nonstick Frying Pan - 11 Inch Ceramic Frying Pans Nonstick Pan Skillets Nonstick Non Stick Pan Cooking Pan Fry Pan Skillet Large Frying Pan Non Sticking Pan – Dishwasher Safe||Learn more|
Utopia Kitchen Pre-Seasoned Cast Skillet
The Utopia Kitchen cast iron skillet is a great option for an oven-friendly frying pan.
With a diameter of 12.5 inches (ca. 32 cm), it will easily accommodate most meals so you can bake an all-in-one dish to enjoy with your family.
The Utopia Cast Iron pan comes pre-seasoned, meaning you won’t have to go through the laborious regime of seasoning your pans.
Utopia recommend hand washing after the pan has cooled with warm soapy water, and reapplying a coating of vegetable oil to maintain the surface and integrity of the pan.
- cast iron made pan means superior heat retention and even cooking
- large size to accommodate all-in-one meals for groups
- easy to clean with warm soapy water
- cast iron can be heavy
- high maintenance to maintain integrity of the pan
- Cast iron cookware is less smoother than the Non-Stick cookware.
- Iron deficiency is fairly common worldwide especially among women so cooking food in a cast iron skillet can increase iron content by as much as 20%
- Hand wash even before first use and dry immediately; rub with a light coat of vegetable oil after every wash
- Allow cast iron skillet to cool completely before washing them in hot soapy water with a sponge using regular dishwashing liquid soap; it is not dishwasher safe
- Its superior heat retention will keep your mouth watering food warm for a long time
Sensarte 11 Inch Nonstick Omelette Cookware
When it comes to a classic looking fry pan, the Sensarte does not disappoint. With a speckled Swiss non-stick surface that is SGS approved and PFOA free for healthy cooking, this fry pan is definitely going to impress.
What we love about this fry pan is the wooden bakelite handle, which not only looks great, but is a great safety feature for its heat-resistant qualities. Sensarte claim the handle is oven safe up to 302 degrees Fahrenheit (ca. 150 °C).
With a efficient pan design and flat thick bottomed, this fry pan will distribute and retain heat evenly throughout any cook.
Cleaning is a breeze with a simple wipe of the surface with a kitchen paper towel or a quick rinse with warm water. Or if you are feeling particularly lazy one evening, this pan is even dishwasher safe.
- stylish looks
- wooden handle for insulated handling of the pan
- dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- non-stick surfaces are not as heat resistant as other non-coated surfaces, so do some research if it will stand up to your oven’s temperatures
- Swiss Non-Stick Coating - Switzerland ILAG nonstick coating, SGS approved. PFOA free, safe and healthy.
- Woodgrain Bakelite Handle - The bakelite handle features woodgrain design, it is comfortable to grip and stays cool while cooking. Oven safe to 302°F.
- High Magnetic Conductive Base - High magnetic conductive stainless steel base. The nonstick skillet bottom is flat and thick, which helps distribute heat evenly and quickly. Suitable for all stove, including induction cooktop.
- Sturdy Body and Easy To Clean - The nonstick pan inside is made of cast aluminum, which is more durable and sturdy. Super easy to clean up,just wipe it with a paper towel or rinse it with water. Dishwasher safe.
- Great Quality & Service - Quality first, Service Utmost. SENSARTE non-stick frying pan is passed international certification. Please always feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
GOTHAM STEEL 11-inches Non-stick Titanium
The final pan we will look at for the best fry pan that can go in the oven is the Gotham Steel fry pan.
What is special about this fry pan is the award-winning Ti-Cerama coating that makes this one of the best non-stick pans in this space. Gotham Steel even claim this coating is safe to use with metal utensils as well – this is a true game changer.
It’s aluminum composition in the fry pan ensures that there is efficient heat distribution around the pan when on the stove top and in the oven.
The aluminum also makes this pan truly light weight which makes it a perfect candidate for lifting hot liquids from the stove into the oven, and out again.
The Gothan Steel 11 inch (ca. 28 cm) fry pan is oven safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, which accommodates almost all ovens (except for the exceptionally high temperature pyrolytic ovens).
And finally, it is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning once you have finished your cook.
- stylish looks
- wooden handle for insulated handling of the pan
- dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- non-stick surfaces are not as heat-resistant as other non-coated surfaces, so do some research if it will stand up to your oven’s temperatures
- 11” NONSTICK FRYING PAN – this nonstick frying pan is a cook’s essential has a wide flat-bottom, nonstick surface and gently sloped sides. Count on it for everything from scrambling eggs and sautéing vegetables to searing meats, making pancakes and much more.
- ULTRA NONSTICK – the nonstick cooking surface is coated three times and reinforced with diamonds to deliver the ultimate food release. No oil or butter needed makes for healthier eating, and provides for hassle free, 1-2-3 cleanup
- HEALTHY & 100% NON-TOXIC – the Gotham Steel coating is derived from minerals and reinforced with diamonds, making this frying pan free of PFOA, PFOS, lead & cadmium for an eco-friendly, healthy experience
- METAL UTENSIL SAFE – the coating of the pan is infused with diamonds, the strongest material on earth which makes it durable enough to withstand metal utensils, spatulas, spoons, whisks and even electric beaters while delivering years of outstanding, nonstick use
- EVEN HEAT DISTRIBUTION – aluminum composition ensures even heat distribution all around with no dead zones or hot spots
- EFFORTLESS CLEANUP, DISHWASHER SAFE– spend less time with cleanup! After all the cooking and prepping is done, place cookware in the dishwasher for quick and easy cleanup
- STOVETOP & OVEN SAFE - compatible with all stovetops (gas, electric, glass) besides induction & oven safe up to 500° F
- STAY COOL HANDLES – the stainless-steel handles are ergonomically designed for both righty and lefties & the unique Y shaped handles let’s heat escape and keeps the handles cool to the touch
A oven-friendly frying pan can expand your cooking repertoire immensely.
It opens you up to finishing off your home cooked meals in the oven for a golden brown crust on top of your bakes. Or it could be as simple as keeping your food warm from the stove, so you can start preparing your next dish.
Whatever your penchant, having one of the best frying pans that can go in the oven is a must for every home cook.
Remember to read through our buyers guide so you are fully informed when you go to make your next frying pan purchase.