Table of Contents
Buyers Guide for the Best Blender to Make Milkshakes and Smoothies
Are you looking for the best blender for your milkshakes and smoothies?
We love to make smoothies and milkshakes in the morning. Making them at home is much cheaper and more healthy than buying them at the store.
But it can be hard to find the best blender for smoothies and milkshakes.
So we did some research and found a few different blenders that we loved, depending on what you’re looking for.
Here are the TOP 3 best blenders for milkshakes and smoothies.
Buyers Guide for Choosing the Best Blenders for Milkshakes and Smoothies
Do you Put Ice in a Milkshake?
There’s a heated debate among milkshake lovers about whether it’s the right thing to do to put ice in a milkshake. Some say that a frozen milkshake is the best kind, while others claim that an ice-cold drink makes it too hard to enjoy the flavors. A happy medium is to include your milkshake with extra ice so that you get the right consistency: slightly thawed but still cool enough to drink.
Now if you are going to be including ice in your smoothie/milkshake recipe, then you will need to factor this into your decision-making – is your blender designed to crush ice?
What Blender Material is the best?
You could say that blending is an art form. From a light and airy drink to a rich and creamy soup, there are so many ways to blend your way to the perfect meal.
If you are looking to make the most of your time in the kitchen, then you will want to consider the material of your blender before you make your decision.
Most blenders are made of either plastic, glass, or stainless steel, and all have their own pros and cons. For example, glass blenders are very attractive and easy to clean, but they do not blend as well as steel or plastic.
On the other hand, stainless steel blenders are great at grinding up ice and other hard foods, but they are not very attractive and can be hard to clean.
How Much Power Do You Need in Your Blender?
The power of the blender is important when making smoothies and shakes.
When you are making shakes and smoothies you want to be able to blend everything up together, giving you a drink that is nice and smooth.
If you don’t have enough power in the blender, you won’t be able to do this. You will be left with chunky bits of fruit and vegetables, which isn’t nice at all.
Top 3 Blenders for Milkshakes and Smoothies
|Top||Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender - Fourside Jar (75 oz), Professional-Grade Power-6 Pre-Programmed Cycles-10-Speeds, Black||Learn more|
|Oster Blender | Pro 1200 with Glass Jar, 24-Ounce Smoothie Cup, Brushed Nickel||Learn more|
|Vitamix Explorian Blender, Professional-Grade, 64 oz. Low-Profile Container, Black - 65542 (Renewed)||Learn more|
Oster Blender Pro 1200 with Glass Jar
The Oster Blender is a great option for smoothies and milkshakes. With an impressive 1,200 watts in the motor, it has plenty of power to cut through all the ingredients you throw at it.
You have the ability to control the speed at 7 different levels, so you can begin the process with a slow speed, and then gradually increase it to capture all the food (from top to bottom).
Oster have also included 3 pre-programmed settings for ease of use and convenience.
The blades are designed to have dual direction technology, so that it both pulls and pushes the ingredients simultaneously around the mixing chamber.
The chamber is one of the features why we love the Oster – it is a glass jar container which allows you to put hot ingredients into the blender without compromising the integrity of the blender.
Finally, Oster offer a 10 year Duralast all metal drive limited warranty on the motor – which shows they are confident in the longevity of their products.
- glass jar container to allow hot foods to be blended immediately
- powerful motor with well-thought-out design of container and blades
- 10 year limited warranties on the motor of the blender
- has a significant footprint, therefore may need to be stored on the kitchen counter top
- Smart settings technology and 7 speeds including 3 pre-programmed settings for the most common blender creations
- Dual direction blade technology for extra blending power to chop and grind with precision extra wide 3.5” blade system allows ingredients to flow down into the blade easier for faster and smoother results
- 1200 power watts and 900 watts of ice crushing power
- 6 cup dishwasher safe Boroclass glass jar withstands thermal shock
- Pulse feature for added control and precision; Featuring a 50% larger blade system (compared to previous Oster blender models) and patented dual direction blade technology that blends in forward and reverse motion
- Oster 10 year Duralast all metal drive limited warranty for lasting durability
- Includes extra large capacity 24 ounces smoothie cup
- Dimensions: 14.25 inches x 7.25 inches x 8 inches, cord length:16 inches
Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender
The Blendtec Total Classic is a powerful blender that will produce smoothies and milkshakes time and time again. It has a powerful 1,560 watt motor, making it the most powerful blender out of our favorite top 3 blenders for smoothies and milkshakes.
Blendtec is a well reknown American company that is family owned and have been proudly making kitchen appliances for decades. This is backed up by an 8 year guarantee that Blendtec offer on their blenders.
This particular blender also comes with a handy self-cleaning mode, where you simply put warm soapy water into the mixing chamber and push one button and the blender will do the rest.
What makes the Blendtec blenders different from the rest of the blenders on the market is the flexibility they offer with the mixing chambers. You can purchase (separately) different sized containers to use on the same blender base – so you can make smoothies and milkshakes for one or many.
- pre-programmed cycles for different smoothies and milkshakes
- most powerful motor out of our top 3 blenders for smoothies and milkshakes
- ability to upgrade the mixing chambers to smaller or larger sizes
- some people have mentioned that the blender is noisy
- instructions are online only
- Easy blending cycles: 1-touch buttons, 6 pre-programmed cycles, pulse, and 10 speed manual control with the ability to achieve a variety of textures. Complete control to adjust your blending at any time while blending
- Patented blade/80% thicker: stainless-steel forged blade, with wings, for amazingly smooth blends (10x stronger than other blender blades). note: Blade is not sharp, blade is dull. No more cuts and pokes. Self-cleaning: add a little soap and water, your jar can clean itself in less than 1 minute
- Large batches: BPA-free four-sided jar is a 75 ounce volume jar with 32 ounce blending capacity (wet or dry) ideal for blending beverages for 3-4 people
- Warming Soup: Blendtec blenders heat soups and drinks through blade friction heat. Enjoy a warm meal or beverage in 6 minutes or less. Electrical ratings: Volts 120, Watt 1560, Hz 50-60, amp 13, cord: feet 35inches/3 feet
- 8 year warranty/American Company: Family-owned and driven to build the best quality products - without compromise. Engineered and assembled in the USA.
Vitamix Explorian Blender
If you are a person that likes full control over their smoothies and milkshakes, then the Vitamix Explorian Blender is the one for you. With 10 variable speeds, the Vitamix affords you full control to allow you to refine every texture with chef like precision.
The Vitamix Explorian also has a handy pulse feature to make sure all the food comes into contact with the blades. This combined with the beveled container edges and intuitive blade design means you will be making the smoothest smoothies and milkshakes that you have only dreamed about.
Again this blender comes with a self-cleaning mode similar to the Blendtec – making cleaning up after a meal a breeze.
We particularly like the low profile mixing chamber, which means you can easily store this blender in a kitchen cabinet out of sight.
- low profile mixing chamber for easy storage
- powerful 1,200 watt motor to chop through any ingredients
- full speed variable control
- only comes with one mixing chamber – so making big or small meals cannot be accommodated
- Variable Speed Control: Ten variable speeds allow you to refine every texture with culinary precision, from the smoothest purées to the heartiest soups
- Pulse Feature: Layer coarse chops over smooth purées for heartier recipes, such as chunky salsas or thick vegetable soups
- Low-Profile 64-ounce Container: Perfect for family meals and entertaining, while fitting comfortably under most kitchen cabinets
- Hardened Stainless-Steel Blades: Our aircraft-grade stainless steel blades are designed to handle the toughest ingredients, so from the first blend to the last, you get the same quality results
- Self-Cleaning: With a drop of dish soap and warm water, your Vitamix machine can clean itself in 30 to 60 seconds.
- Whats in the Box: Motor Base, Low-Profile 64 oz. container, Low-Profile Tamper, Cookbook
- The container and lid are dishwasher-safe and made of BPA-free Eastman Tritan.
- 3- year full
- Included Components: Container, Lid, Tamper, Motor Base, OwnerS Manual, Introduction Booklet
Making milkshakes and smoothies in the home kitchen was once an arduous task that involved hard elbow grease to combine all the ingredients into a smooth consistency.
This is now a thing of the past with the innovation of blenders, smoothies and milkshakes can be achieved in under a minute.
There are a few features you want to have in your next blender – which are powerful motors, clever container and blade design, and variable speed control.
We would highly recommend the Blendtec Total Classic Blender, as it is a versatile blender that not only will make smooth cold drinks for you, it can also perform other all rounder tasks around the kitchen.