Table of Contents
Top Reviews for Best 3 Kitchen Utensils for Non-Stick Cookware
So you have done your research and taken the plunge to invest in a nice set of non-stick pans for your home cooking.
So how do you take care of your new shiny set of pots and pans? What utensils should you use? More importantly what should you not use? How can you make your pans last the distance?
To help you preserve your non-stick pans and answer these questions we have put together a complete guide that explains the do’s and do not’s for how to care for your non-stick pans.
If you are a little bit short on time and just want to jump straight to the answers we have provided a quick summary table of our favorite utensils to use with our non-stick pans (below).
Top 3 Kitchen Utensils for Non-stick Pans
Here are our top 3 kitchen utensils we use to ensure our favorite non-stick pans are scratch free and remain non-stick as long as possible.
|Top||Home Hero Silicone Cooking Utensils Kitchen Utensil Set - 8 Natural Acacia Wooden Silicone Kitchen Utensils Set - Silicone Utensil Set Spatula Set - Silicone Utensils Cooking Utensil Set||Learn more|
|KitchenAid Classic Tool and Gadget Set, 15-Piece Black||Learn more|
|Riveira Wooden Spoons for Cooking 6-Piece Bamboo Utensil Set Apartment Essentials Wood Spatula Spoon Nonstick Kitchen Utensil Set Premium Quality Housewarming Gifts Wooden Utensils for Everyday Use||Learn more|
Silicone Cooking Utensils Kitchen Utensil
If you think silicone is the material for you, then you will want to check this Home Hero set of cooking utensils which comes complete with apparatus you could ever need for your home cooking.
Home Hero claim their silicone differs from other cheaper models with a high quality non-stick silicone material. The silicone is not rigid like nylon versions, but at the same time not so flimsy that your pancakes will slip off the side of your spatula. The silicone can take heat up to 200 degrees celcius, which means you won’t be tasting any melted silicone chemicals in your food.
The wooden handles are made from Acacia trees for their long durable qualities and heat insulation features.
- complete set of cooking utensils to cover most cooking needs in the kitchen
- durable, flexible and strong form for multiple purposes
- wooden handles for heat insulation
- some customers have complained about the initial smell
- handles are not dishwasher safe
- Avoid cheaper silicone & wooden kitchen utensils companies that cut corners to squeeze more profit at your expense. Flimsy silicone that can’t flip your pancakes, wobbly kitchen spatula heads that detach from their handles after a few uses, and odd chemical smells leeching from your cooking tools are all signs of a low-quality kitchen gadgets set. OUR HOME HERO KITCHEN UTENSIL SETS ARE CRAFTED WITH the highest quality materials
- Preserve your cookware for years by protecting it from scratches made by non silicone cooking tools. Your pots, pans and pocketbook will thank you! And how many times have you set your cooking tool down to come back to an ugly deformed spatula turner and a ruined melty plastic-infused dinner? This high quality non-stick silicone and wooden kitchen tools set means no more melting plastic kitchen accessories!
- Why acacia? This is durable hardwood – important for the kitchen! – and can last up to 40 years with the proper care. The wooden handles have great heat insulation, protecting your hands from scalding. The silicone heads can withstand temperatures ranging from -22°F/-30°C to 392°F/200°C.
- Fall in love with cooking all over again with Home Hero’s premium kitchen utensils set. While there are many choices that look good in photos, THE TRUE TEST IS BRINGING THOSE KITCHEN COOKING UTENSILS INTO YOUR KITCHEN. Their easy-to-grip, comfortable handles and balanced weight make cooking a joy and their large hanging holes help keep your cookware set orderly and organized.
- Customer service - Please, if you have any questions or issues regarding the Home Hero kitchen utensils set please do not hesitate to send the seller a message through Amazon we will respond within 24 hours.
Kitchen Aid Classic Tool and Gadget Set
Kitchen Aid is a well renown brand for their quality and excellence in the kitchen.
They have brought together a complete 15 piece set of kitchen utensils and gadgets, including measuring cups and can openers.
All their tools are heat-resistant (up to 232 degrees Celsius) and are perfect for use on non-stick surfaces. It really is the perfect kitchen tool set starter pack.
Each tool is made from a sturdy plastic with stainless steel components for additional strength.
In addition to their durability, the tools are dishwasher safe, meaning they are easy to clean and maintain after each use.
- reputable brand with a strong history of quality
- tools are made from dishwasher safe plastic for easy cleaning
- comes complete with additional gadgets such as can opener and measuring cups
- Kitchen Aid branding comes off easily
- does not come with a slotted ladle so may need to supplement with other individual items
- 15 piece set: This KitchenAid 15Piece tool and GADGET set includes a slotted turner, basting Spoon, scraper spatula, Euro peeler, multi-function can opener, Utility whisk, set of 4 measuring cups (1 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup, and 1/4 cup), and set of 5 measuring spoons (1 tablespoon, 1/2 tablespoon, 1 teaspoon, 1/2 teaspoon, and 1/4 teaspoon).
- Ultimate kitchen starter set: This tool and GADGET set is the ultimate starter set for any new kitchen, College student, or aspiring chef.
- Heat-resistant: all tools are heat resistant up to 450°f/232°c and are safe to use on all cookware including non-stick.
- Sturdy and durable construction: Each component of this gadget set is constructed from sturdy, durable plastic and stainless steel components ensuring great performance.
- Dishwasher safe: All tools are dishwasher safe. The can opener should be hand washed with warm water and a mild detergent and then dried immediately. This gadget set comes with a 1-year hassle free replacement and lifetime limited .
Riveira Essentials Wooden Spoons for Non-stick Surfaces
We wanted to include a bamboo or wooden set of kitchen utensils in our top favorites mix for those that have a preference for those types of kitchen sets.
Riveira have put together a complete cooking and serving set of bamboo utensils that will serve you well for your kitchen needs.
The bamboo materials and outer treatments are premium organic materials that will not scratch your non-stick pans. What we love about Bamboo is it has odor and stain free properties, meaning the utensils won’t take on and be absorbed into the utensils.
The entire utensil is made from the organic bamboo material, meaning it is strong, durable and extremely comfortable to use in the kitchen.
By its very nature, bamboo resists water, therefore you can simply wash the utensils with warm soapy water and set to dry for easy cleaning and maintenance. However, we would not recommend washing bamboo utensils in the dishwasher.
One final noteworthy feature about the Riveira Utensils set is they offer a limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty, which means you can shop with confidence with a 100% money back guarantee if you are not happy with the results.
- light weight, durable utensils that have everything you need for the kitchen
- organic material that is environmentally friendly, that has odor and stain free properties
- easy to clean and maintain
- budget friendly
- may not last as long as other plastic and silicone alternatives
- COMPLETE COOKING & SERVING UTILITY- From cooking to serving, experience the complete functionality of these premium wooden spoons for cooking. Practical, reliable bamboo utensil set provides helpful implements for every task, whether you’re flipping ingredients, tasting sauces, or serving a finished meal, so you’ll always have the right tool while you’re working in the kitchen, no matter what you’re making.
- PREMIUM ORGANIC MATERIAL- Unlike the cheap wooden spoons found on the market today, this deluxe assortment of wooden utensils set is crafted from 100% organic nonstick bamboo, which means they won’t scratch pots or pans, food debris is super easy to rub off, and its odor and stain-free properties ensure they won’t retain funky smells or blemishes from cooking certain meals, so you can always prep, cook, and serve fresh using our wood spoons for cooking.
- PRACTICAL DESIGN AND FUNCTIONALITY- Designed to perform an array of kitchen tasks, this wooden kitchen utensil set features contoured heads so you can perform precise functions. Smooth, comfortable handles make using them easy. Included slotted, solid, and turner wooden spatula makes flipping omelettes and mixing ingredients easy, while a solid and slotted wooden spoon make preparing sauces and tasting soups simple. Spoon fork provides versatility for sipping, eating, or serving.
- EASY CARE CONVENIENCE- Thanks to the special bamboo construction, this superior wooden kitchen utensils set can be simply washed with warm soap and water and wiped clean. Nonstick, durable bamboo resists moisture, so you’ll never have to worry about mold accumulating on your tools, and you can enjoy years of long-lasting use, which makes our wooden cooking utensils set a great gift for mom, dad or any cook.
- LIMITED LIFETIME MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY- While many brands simply speak about complete customer satisfaction and cooking spoons guarantees, we’re so confident about our bamboo spoons utensils that we offer a limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty, so if you’re not 100% happy with your kitchen spoons, simply send it back for a full refund.
How to Extend your Non-stick Pans Lifespan
Before we dive into our top tips for prolonging your non-stick pans longevity we must preface this by saying in general a non-stick pan only has a certain amount of uses before you will see wear and tear on the non-stick component of the pan. By it’s very nature, the non-stick properties are only a coating on the metal of the pan, which is being constantly heated, so it is only natural for the coating to become brittle and flake off.
Having said that, if you use the right tools with your pans, you can do to preserve the coating to make it last as long as possible. Let’s take a look at what features you need to look for.
Use Non-Scratch Friendly Materials
Sounds obvious doesn’t it? However, there are certain materials that are actually less likely to scratch that wonderful non-stick coating off your pans. The most obvious material you will WANT TO AVOID using with your non-stick pans is metal. The combination of sharp edges and strong properties of metal is a recipe for scratched up pots and pans. Instead of metal, consider using the follow materials…
One of the most popular non-scratch materials to use is silicone. Silicone is a flexible, supple material that you have probably seen used in spatulas for making cakes. Silicone utensils hold their shape, however when pressure is applied, it easily moulds to the surface of the container and is therefore great of scraping things clean.
You may not think it can withstand the heat of a pan, however there are some very high grade silicone utensils available that won’t actually melt and are a great option for using with your non-stick pan.
The only downside that you may encounter is due to the very nature of the materials, it may not be firm enough to hold heavier foods, like meat patties, etc.
However, they are generally hardy enough to use with stir frys and making eggs.
Bamboo and Wood
Utensils made from wood and bamboo are also a good option for using on your non-stick pans. They are sturdy and are strong enough to flip almost all foods you are going to be cooking in your pans. Wood is very hardy in terms of heat resistance (that is it won’t melt) so for those that are concerned about chemicals leeching out of your plastics, bamboo is probably going to be your preferred choice.
Where they fall short is the flexibility of the utensil. Due to the inflexible nature of wood and bamboo, it is hard to get under foods (such as flipping eggs) without messing it up. Stir fry on the otherhand is no problem.
Also, as the wooden utensils age, they can tend to take on water (from being washed), which expands the wood. This can then potentially harbor bacteria which may cause hygienic concerns.
Nylon utensils are also another popular option to use with non-stick pans. They are probably what you would term, the happy medium between wooden and silicone utensils. They are sturdy enough to hold up meat patties, yet pliable to enable you to easily flip eggs.
They also won’t warp like wooden utensils, therefore making them a more hygienic material.
Potential downsides include possible melting if left to sit on a very hot pan.
Once you have purchased a set of nice non-stick set of pans, you will want to do everything in your power to take care of them and maintain those precious non-stick properties.
One of the easiest ways to protect your pans is to use non-stick friendly utensils. We have identified the best materials for non-scratch utensils are wooden/bamboo, silicone and nylon based utensils.
There are many utensils available on the market, however you will want to focus on particular features of the utensils, such as their durability, chemical free and maintenance (or how easy they are to clean).
For your benefit, we have identified our favorite three sets of non-scratch utensils.
Let us know how what you are cooking and which tools have helped you maintain your non-stick pans in the comments below!