Table of Contents
Find the Best Pans for Electric Cook Tops for the Home Kitchen
Electric cook tops are all the rage these days. The sleek design of them and the built-in heat source make cooking a snap.
But what cookware should you use with an electric cook top?
There are a couple of things to consider.
First, the pans you want to use should be able to conduct heat evenly and efficiently. This means cooking with a stainless steel pan, cast iron or a pan with metal handles.
Second, you want to make sure that the pan is the right size for your cook top. The pan should hang over the edges a bit to allow for air circulation.
In this article we are going to look at the features that make the Best Pans for Electric Cook Tops. We will also run through a complete buyers guide for those that like to do their own research, so they know they are making the right choice.
Top Reviews for the Best Pans for Electric Cook Tops
|Top||Cuisinart TPS-10 10 Piece Tri-ply Stainless Steel Cookware Set, PC, Silver||Learn more|
|Gotham Steel Pots and Pans Set 12 Piece Cookware Set with Ultra Nonstick Ceramic Coating by Chef Daniel Green, 100% PFOA Free, Stay Cool Handles, Metal Utensil & Dishwasher Safe - 2020 Edition||Learn more|
|Rachael Ray Cucina Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Pots and Pans Set, 12 Piece, Gray with Red Handles||Learn more|
Gotham Steel 12 Piece Cookware With Nonstick Ceramic Coating
The first pots and pans set on our favorites list is the Gotham Steel 12-piece set with a non-stick ceramic copper coating and cooling handles.
As you can appreciate from the name of the pots and pans set, the inclusion of the copper in the construction of these pots and pans means there are highly conductive properties for transferring heat evenly around the utensils. Gotham Steel also claim this unique coating is super durable, and can withstand metal utensils and other appliances being used while cooking.
The non-stick coating means less elbow grease required to remove burnt on foods. Plus the pots and pans are dishwasher safe. The combination of these two features means you can cook with these pots and pans every day, and they will be easy to clean and maintain.
The handles are what Gotham Steel have dubbed as ‘stay cool handles’, which in simple terms means they have designed the pots and pans in such a way that the heat does not transfer into the handles. Very handy for keeping burns and messes to a minimum.
Overall a very impressive collection of pots and pans that won’t break the budget.
- the pots and pans set are dishwasher safe – meaning easy cleaning
- copper based non-stick coating that is highly durable and can withstand metal utensils being used
- budget friendly
- does not contain a griddle for scoring steaks, burgers etc
- does not contain a small pot for cooking a single serve meal
- GOTHAM STEEL COOKWARE – with over 30 million happy customers, Gotham Steel has revolutionized kitchens across the world with the introduction of the nonstick ceramic copper cookware! New for 2020, this set has been improved in every area including the nonstick coating, stay cool handles, exterior finish and durability, including adding diamonds to the surface to ensure the pan doesn’t scratch!
- ULTRA NONSTICK – the nonstick cooking surface is coated 3x, reinforced with ceramic and titanium to deliver the ultimate food release. No oil or butter needed, makes for healthier eating, and provides for hassle free, 1-2-3 cleanup
- 12 PIECE COOKWARE SET – This set includes everything you need to outfit a kitchen including an 8.5” skillet, 10.5” frying pan with tempered glass lid, 5 quart stock pot with tempered glass lid, 1.5 quart sauce pan with tempered glass lid, 2.5 quart sauce pan with lid, XL aluminum steamer insert for 5 quart pot, bonus shallow square frying pan with tempered seal tight lid.
- DISHWASHER SAFE – spend less time with cleanup! After all the cooking and prepping is done, place cookware in the dishwasher for quick and easy cleanup.
- SUPER DURABLE – the coating of the pan is durable enough to withstand metal spatulas, spoons, whisks and more, while the aluminum exterior is dense, nonporous, and highly wear-resistant for long lasting performance
Cruisinart TPS-10 10 Piece Tri-ply Stainless Steel Cookware Set
The next pots and pans set on the list is the Cruisinart TPS-10 Tri-Ply Stainless Steel set.
With such a reputable company behind this set, there is no question as to why it is so popular. Cruisinart has been in the kitchen and appliances space for as long as we have been cooking. And this is proven with the lifetime warranty that comes with this pots and pans set. Cruisinart back their products and are confident enough to offer a money back guarantee on this set.
But enough about the company, let’s take a look at what you are really interested in – the pots and pans set for your electric stove.
This set by Cruisinart boasts a tri-ply stainless steel construction. This means the pots and pans are made with three distinct layers of hardened stainless steel. Using their heat surround technology, Cruisinart have been able to develop a set of pots and pans that spread heat evenly throughout the bottom and sides of the cookware.
Their flat bottom design also means these pots and pans are perfect for electric stove tops with heating elements and glass top stoves.
The handles are cast stainless steel cool grip with an ergonomic design so that you maintain a secure grip on the pots and pans, without burning your hands.
Finally we’d like to highlight that Cruisinart offer different sets of this particular pots and pans. Alongside the 10 piece set, you can scale up with a 12 piece and 13 piece set OR scale down with a 7 piece set. This flexibility is fantastic as it will have an option for everyone’s personal circumstances.
- superior design and technology for even heat throughout the cookware
- comes in several different sets for added customization of the number and type of pots and pans you want in your kitchen set
- Lifetime warranty from a reputable company means you can buy with confidence.
- is not on the budget friendly end of the spectrum. However if you still have your heart set on this set, you can opt for the 7 piece set at a more affordable price.
- Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Construction
- Polished Stainless Exterior w/ Riveted Stainless Steel Stick Handles and Tempered Glass Covers
- Set Includes: 1.5 Qt. Saucepan with cover, 2.5 Qt. Saucepan with cover, 3.0 Sauté Pan with cover and helper handle, 6.0 Qt. Stockpot with cover, 8” Skillet and 10” Skillet
- Induction Ready and Dishwasher Safe
- Lifetime Warranty
Rachael Ray Hard Anodized 12 Piece Pots and Pans Set
The final pots and pans set in our favorites list is the Rachael Ray 12 Piece Cookware set.
This one is for those that want the functionality of a good quality pots and pans set for cooking on an electric stove top, but with a bit of style and flair.
The cranberry red handles will make heads turn with their sleek and colorful design. Not to mention that the handles are dial riveted handles for additional grip and security when handling hot liquids and foods in your pots and pans.
The hard anodized construction of the pots and pans not only means these are great for cooking on electric glass stove tops, they can also withstand high heats in the oven.
The dishwasher safe properties of the pots and pans also means they are easy to clean and maintain, especially if you are intending to use them to bake in the oven (avoid all the elbow grease of trying to remove baked on foods).
Last and definitely not least, this set also comes with a lifetime warranty, so you can purchase this pots and pans set with confidence.
- stylish option with the functionality of one of the best pots and pans sets for electric stoves.
- Lifetime warranty from a reputable company means you can buy with confidence.
- comes with matching spatula and ladel for a complete cooking experience
- is not on the budget friendly end of the spectrum. However, if you still have your heart set on this set, you can opt for the 7 piece set at a more affordable price.
- Durable, quick to heat, oven safe cookware set: This cookware boasts hard anodized construction for swift, even heating and is oven safe to 400 degrees F
- Quality, long lasting nonstick pots and pans: Pan interiors are coated in durable, PFOA free, espresso colored nonstick for impeccable food release
- Set includes: 1 quart and 2 quart saucepans with lid, 6 quart stockpot with lid, 8.5 inch and 10 inch frying pans, 3 quart sauté pan with lid and utensils
- Nonstick, dishwasher safe cookware: Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- Dual riveted handles and shatter resistant glass lids: Pots and pans feature double riveted grippy handles and shatter resistant glass lids
- Lifetime limited warranty
Buyers Guide for Buying the Best Cooking Pans
If you are going to get one thing right regarding the best pots and pans for electric stoves, it is choosing the right materials that the pots and pans are made from.
The materials used in the bottom and sides of the pots and pans will not only affect the look and weight, it will also impact how effective they are in conducting heat and retaining heat while you cook.
The best materials, like stainless steel, for pots and pans will conduct an even heat around the entire pan and also retain heat. This is to ensure there are no wild fluctuations in cooking temperature. This ensures a steady and consistent cook.
What is your Cooking Style?
One of the biggest factors that will influence your choice of cooking pans is how and what you like to cook. There are some core pans that are versatile enough for you to cook a variety of dishes in. However, if you like to cook particular dishes that require specific techniques, then you may want to look at a set of pans for your electric cook top. A good example is the griddle pan – this pan is primarily used to cook large pieces of meat such as steak or fish to achieve the sear marks on the surface.
Once you are clear on your cooking habits you can start to determine the types of pots and pans sets you will likely need. It is also helpful to identify sets that will have many redundant pieces in the set. As a general rule of thumb it is best to avoid these because the pots and pans just end up collecting dust and end up taking valuable kitchen space that could be used for other useful pieces.
Design of Pan
You wouldn’t think construction of a pot or pan would have such a great impact, however for an electric stove cook top you will want to ensure the design of the pots and pans is suitable for your purposes. The main feature to look for is a flat, wide even bottom to the pan/pot. So unfortunately for those of you who are keen Asian cooks, using a wok on an electric stove top will not work.
A flat wide bottom ensures there is maximum contact between the heating element and the pot/pan to transfer as much heat to the food as possible.
It also helps to minimize heat loss and creates the most efficient cooking process as possible.
This is another important feature of pots and pans that you must consider carefully – especially for pots and pans that you are planning to use on an electric stove. The main reason for this is because with an electric stove, the only part of the pot/pan that is in contact with the stove is the base. Whereas if you were using a gas stove top, the heat from the flames can actually reach the sides of the pots and pans.
This means you will need a highly conductive metal to transfer the heat from the bottom of the pot to the rest of the pot/pan.
This comes down to the construction and material of the pot and pans – which were discussed previously. If you need a refresher on the best materials and construction features, please scroll up further on this article.
Looking for cooking pans can be an overwhelming experience. There are so many different types of options available, it is not hard to see why people do not know where to begin.
Fortunately, we have provided a step-by-step process for you to follow regarding determining the features that are going to make the biggest impact for your circumstances.
If you have an electric stove top at home, you can simply use our Best 3 Cooking Pans Guide for some quick decision-making.