Table of Contents
Best Portable Coffee Makers with Built-in Thermostat
There are a lot of portable coffee makers on the market. And most of them don’t do a very good job.
That’s why we are so excited to find these three top quality portable coffee makers.
They are portable coffee makers with a built-in heating element. They may not be the cheapest coffee makers on the market. But they are the best we’ve found if you’re looking for a coffee maker you can take on the go.
We are not only going to show you the best three portable coffee makers available on the market today. We are also going to evaluate the features that you should look for in each and tell you the pros and cons of each.
Top 3 Portable Coffee Makers that Heats Water On the Go
|Top||CONQUECO Portable Espresso Maker Travel Coffee Maker Portable Electric Espresso Machine suit for Travel, outdoor, Home and Office||Learn more|
|Fdit Portable Car Electric Kettle Travel Car Cigarette Lighter DC12V/24V Hot Water Kettle Fast Boiling for Tea Coffee Auto Shut Off (750ml)||Learn more|
|12V Car Electric Kettle,750ml Stainless Steel Car Hot Pot with Indicator Light Powered by Cigarette Lighter Charger Base for Water Tea Coffee Milk||Learn more|
Fdit Portable Electric Coffee Maker
This nifty little portable coffee maker by Fdit is a great option to make your coffees on the go.
With the ability to heat water from the cigarette lighter within the car cabin, you will be find brewing a coffee a breeze.
The Fdit also sports automatic safety features like auto turn off when the water hits 100 degrees Celsius, which help to prevent any accidental fires. It also has a sealed lid to avoid any spillages and burns while you are moving.
The heated container is constructed from 304 stainless steel material to ensure no unwanted toxins are passed into your beverage.
Brewing time is approximately 25 minutes, and it has a capacity of approximately 750 ml – so large enough to brew a couple of coffees for you to enjoy.
- 750 ml brewing capacity for large coffees or two small coffees
- safety features to prevent accidents
- can be heated while you are on the move
- not 100% plastic free, so may not be an option depending on your preferences
- 25 minutes to heat the water can be a bit of a wait
- 【PREMIUM QUALITY】 This Car Electric Kettle adopts food grade 304 stainless steel and plastic material, which is safe to drink the boiled water, durable and easy to clean with long service life
- 【LATEST HEATING TECHNOLOGY】Using the latest electromagnetic heating technology, the Water Kettle heats up your water into 100℃ about 25 minutes. When the water is up to 100℃, it will automatically power off to ensure user safety
- 【HUMANIZED DESIGN】Equipped with indicator light to show when the kettle is working. Adopted with a anti-slip grip and heat-resistant handle, no need to worry about this kettle sliding out of your hands or getting burned with.
- 【SAFE TO USE】The Electric Kettle adopts sealed lid made by high quality plastic, safe and non-toxic, good sealing performance to keep water warm, and ensures that the drink does not spill over
- 【SUITBLE FOR TRAVEL】 750ml capacity and fits most car cup holders, great for travel use. Ideal for hot water, coffee, tea, beverage, etc
Conqueco Portable Espresso Maker
This one is for those espresso or black coffee aficionados. The Conqueco postable espresso maker is a unique and efficient little coffee maker that makes enjoying an espresso on the go easy as pie.
With a quick brewing time of 8 – 12 minutes, you can be enjoying your freshly extracted espresso in no time.
It has a compact design so you can take this coffee maker anywhere – even in a backpack as you hike to your favorite camping spot.
It comes with both an AC adapter and a car charger so you have plenty of options to juice the Conqueco up.
Cleaning is a breeze as you just need to wash the coffee cup and the device will do the rest with the self clean feature.
- compatible with Nespresso capsules
- super quick brewing time (8 – 12 minutes)
- compact design that can be carried anywhere
- only for black coffee – will not heat milk
- 【Electric brewing espresso】Electric Portable Espresso Machine:when using hot water, after pressing the button for 5 seconds, you can get the aromatic coffee. When using cold water, press the button for 2 seconds to start heating and enjoy coffee in about 8 to 12 minutes.Up to 15 bar high-pressure pump allows for a barista-style result, unlocking the delicate flavor and premium aromas of coffee capsule during the brewing process. Espresso volume is always around 45ml/1.5oz per cup.
- 【Travel espresso machine】Self heating and automatically pumps for you, you can enjoy espresso coffee anywhere. Portable Espresso Maker can be placed in easily in a cup holder or bottle holder in a backpack which can save the space of the backpack, so it will be your perfect partner when traveling, camping, hiking,etc. To reduce the fatigue of the journey.
- 【About charging & heating】Portable Espresso Maker has quipped with a Car charger(12V 7A) for heating&charging in outdoors, and home charger(12V 2A) for charging inside.
- 【Easy to use and clean】Portable Espresso Maker is fully automatic. Only just need to wash the coffee cup, simply press the switch button for 5s to run the machine without capsules, it will auto wash, more simple and convenient.
- 【About capsule compatibility 】Genuine Original Line Nespresso Capsules & LOR capsules Only,it is designed and tested for Nespresso capsules (it does not work with Nespresso compatible capsule). And if you have any questions or concerns,please contact us immediately.
Electric Stainless Steel Kettle
Okay so you have us here – this one is exactly a dedicated coffee maker per se. However, we wanted to include this option for those that wanted the flexibility of a hot water option that can make other things like soups, tea , etc.
So we have chosen to include the Estink Electric Kettle which is made from 304 stainless steel food grade material.
This kettle is powered by the cigarette lighter so you can bring it along on your road trip and enjoy hot beverages anywhere you go.
It heats an impressive 750 mls in one sitting, so plenty of hot water to go around and it is insulated to keep the water hot. This saves both time and energy by not having to reboil the kettle every time you want some hot water
- versatile kettle that can be used for a variety of purposes
- stainless steel and food grade materials
- compact design that can be carried anywhere
- not a dedicated coffee maker
- 【High Quality Material】:304 stainless steel and food grade PP material, safe to drink the boiled water.Sealed kettle cover made by high quality silicon gel, safe and non-toxic, good sealing performance to keep water warm, and ensures that the drink does not spill over.
- 【750ml Big Capacity】:Differ from other small hot water bottle offerings in the market, this 750 electronic kettle is available for different demands. Makes a long road trip much nicer.
- 【Drink Hot Water on Road】:Powered by DC 12V cigarette lighter plug power source, enables to drink hot water on road.
- 【Indicator Light】:Kettle has a indicator light, it will keep on red till the water boil, after water boiled, it will turn to green color to keep the water warn.
- 【Insulation Technology】:Kettle inner and outer using insulation technology, good insulation effect to prevent burns.Please check the specifications of the product, only for matching cars.
Buyers Guide for Portable Coffee Makers – Must Have Features
When it comes to enjoying a good cup of coffee on the go, one feature that is going to determine whether you can get your caffeine fix or not is how long it takes to brew.
Generally speaking, unless you are staying onsite for a while (meaning you have time to let the coffee maker take it’s time), you will want a quick and fuss free coffee. This means a short time to heat the water and a short brew time.
Good portable coffee makers will heat the water up relatively quickly and efficiently.
One of the shortcomings of enjoying a delicious cup of coffee is the clean up afterwards. Usually if you are wanting to enjoy anything other than instant coffee, you are dealing with coffee grinds – which have a tendency to get everywhere they should not be.
A good coffee maker will make cleaning up quick and easy. You should be able to quickly extract the used grinds into the bin and be able to quickly rinse out any residue ready to be used again.
Of course a more thorough cleanse may be required once you are back at home, but for portability, you should not have to pull the coffee maker apart too much.
This is a big one when you are on the road and wanting to make your own coffee. Should you use an electric powered maker or a battery powered coffee maker? Unfortunately we cannot give you a clear cut answer here, as it will be determined by your personal circumstances. Of course, electric powered machines will have a bit more power to use, and therefore will generally produce a higher quality coffee. However battery powered coffee makers have come a long way, and if you have no other choice but to use a battery coffee maker, you will still achieve a delicious cup of coffee.
How often are you planning on using the portable coffee machine? This is an important question, for if you are planning to go on a year long caravan trip around the country. And this coffee machine is the only thing that will be able to deliver you a much needed cup of coffee – then you may want to invest a bit of money into a quality machine that you can rely on.
Whereas if you only plan to use the portable machine every now and again, simple machines may do the job.
Compact and Storage
Again, this is more relevant to those wanting to take the portable coffee machine on the road when space is a luxury.
If you are going to be limited with the amount of goods you can take in your caravan, we would suggest prioritizing smaller compact machines. They may not have large capacities to make big volumes of coffee in the one brew, however having that extra room to bring other items may be more important.
Whether you are taking your portable coffee maker on a camping trip or simply out for a picnic at your local park, you want to make sure it has the ability to heat water.
Without this feature you may not get the coffee you have been dreaming of.
We have identified the key features to consider when making a decision on your next coffee maker. This will ensure you make an informed decision and be happy with your choice.
If you are in a rush, you can choose one of the three coffee makers we recommended above. Each one has its strengths and weaknesses, however it will guarantee one thing – a delicious hot cup of coffee when you need it most.